July 13, 2007

National Cherry Festival, Black Rose, etc.

This past weekend I went to the National Cherry Festival in Traverse City. I went with a girlfriend from church, and we had a great time. The weather was perfect, and it wasn't too hot being on the lake.

I had never been to the Cherry Festival before. We were there on Saturday and got there just in time to watch an airshow. I enjoy airshows but am always glad I'm watching them and not in them. Sometimes my stomach does flip flops just watching them! :) It was right over the lake, and there were many boats anchored in the water to watch the show. We also ate cherries and cherry pie, and we bought cherry preserves and cherry BBQ sauce. Oh yeah, I also bought Cherry Chocolate coffee!

We stayed in a hotel in Cadillac on Saturday night after the festival, and we hung out on a beach in Cadillac on Sunday before heading back home. It was a very relaxing time.

Tonight (Friday evening), I am going to the Black Rose downtown with some friends from church to listen to a band. The band is called The Mines, and they are from the church I attend. I just found out that another band from church is supposed to be there as well. I don't know their name so it should be interesting to see who is in the band. Should be fun!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer! I love summer - I love the cookouts, bonfires, beaches, parades, fireworks, festivals, and fairs..........I just love the laid back atmosphere that summer brings........from throwing a frisbee with a friend to hanging out in Grand Haven to sitting on porches and patios with loved ones........enjoying the heat of the day or the cool of the night.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home