June 08, 2007

Seagulls!

So - here is the picture of the seagull poop! It is just below my left shoulder. Thanks, Nerissa! :)









My sisters have both commented on my last post, that I need to update. :) I agree - it's just been a little more difficult to update because my Internet went down at home. I ended up canceling it because I was paying for it and couldn't use it. So I will have to try and update from work, a library, my parent's home, my sister's home, or Massi's, or Chel's, or wherever...... :)

So anyway ~

LA was great! Gretchen and I had a wonderful time. We had a full schedule each day. The day we flew in, we went to NBC Studios to the Ellen Degeneres Show. We couldn't be in the actual audience because we didn't get in early enough to get in line for those tickets, but we were able to get tickets for the riff raff room which was still just as fun. You sit in a big room where you are right on the other side of the wall from the audience. You are able to see everything on big monitors that are around the room. The atmosphere was so much fun! I think Ellen is hilarious. It was fun to see her during the taping of some of her lines advertising next seasons TV stations that she will be on around the country. We were at the taping of her last show for this season so that made the atmosphere fun as well. Because we were in the riff raff room, we automatically get tickets to be in the audience for next season if we want to go back. If we go back, we will not be parking on Bob Hope Drive.......we got a parking ticket that day, along with many other people. We had been up since 4:00 a.m. our time, we had been traveling all day, we were exhausted to say the least, and we didn't have much food in our system. When we left Ellen, it was 6:20 p.m. LA time, 9:20 p.m. our time, and we hadn't even had a meal yet that day. Crazy! So getting the parking ticket just topped off our exhausting day. But, we wanted to go to Ellen, and we did. We had a great time, and we even got to see Ellen because she visits the riff raff room first and then goes into the taping of the show. Very fun!
I will share more stories soon!

3 Comments:

At June 09, 2007 5:47 AM, Blogger Massi said...

Did you park illegally? haha..I saw that photo...wasn't sure.

Classic photo for your memory archives of the seagull greeting! ;)

How fun, Ellen! I would love to visit her show. I thought you could get tickets in advance through her website?? hmmmm..

I miss ya! Hope to see you soon! It's been since March! Geez woman......; ) wink

Keep in touch!!!!

 
At June 09, 2007 9:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lori I think that is funny. I love you very much. Can't wait until Friday. Talk to you soon.

 
At June 10, 2007 5:12 PM, Blogger Lori said...

There was a 2 hour parking limit sign that we didn't see. We just followed everybody else and parallel parked on the street. Oopps! :) They made a lot of money off that street - all the cars had a $30.00 parking ticket. I wonder if that happens everyday......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home