March 17, 2007

This past Monday night

Monday night was a scary night...... around 8:45, I was in the bathroom washing my hands and heard a door being knocked on or what I thought was my neighbors coming or going. But it seemed louder than that, so I quickly shut off the water, dried my hands, and went to my door and looked through the peep hole and there was a guy standing there trying to use a key and trying to open my door!

So I held the door and the lock down just in case and stood there going "Dear God please keep me safe." And, "I can't believe this is happening!" He walked away after the first attempt, and I continued looking through the peep hole making sure he would leave, but he didn't. He went to his vehicle and then came right back. So I continued to hold the door and the lock, thinking the whole time, "I can't believe this is happening. What do I do?" He continues knocking and trying to enter. So when he walked away the next time I quickly grabbed my cell phone and called 911. The police came out and took a report and we figured it was probably a drunk with the wrong address since he ended up leaving and was nowhere around. We figured he found the right apartment number. I have a sister who lives only 10 minutes away so she stopped over for a liitle bit.

So I figured at this point I was fine, but I was still afraid to go to bed so I fell asleep on the couch. THEN at 1:30 in the morning, I heard this loud noise and jumped up so quickly and it was him again trying to get in. My heart started racing all over again! I held the door and the lock and then called 911. The guy was out there talking to himself and I could tell he was SO drunk. So there he was banging on my door and standing outside of it and trying to use a key again. So I was hoping the police would get here while he was still by my door, but they didn't. He finally walked away and I still had 911 on the phone because they said they would stay on with me until the police arrived. So I told the guy he was getting in a vehicle and driving away and I told him what direction he was headed, etc. So we hung up since he wasn't at my door anymore and I went and looked out my slider and I saw police lights so I figured they were coming quite quickly to get to me. BUT then I realized they weren't moving and I thought, "Yes, I bet they got him! I hope they caught him on his way out!" So I kept watching out my slider and then saw another police car coming around to my building so he came up and said I had to ride over there with him a second to identify the guy to make sure they had him. THEY DID! The other officer was telling us that the guy gave him his buddy's address which is right by mine so he was at the wrong address and he said the guy was "drunker than a skunk." The officer also said his car was full of beer bottles and that this was his 6th offense. So they hauled him off and I heard them say they were going to impound the guy's car.
I couldn't believe that happened. WOW!

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2007 9:24 PM, Blogger God Is The Greatest said...

Hi Sis, I am so glad that you are safe...God really can protect...May God bless you more and more.
carolyn

 
At April 09, 2007 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, it was so nice getting a chance to see you for Easter and having a chance to catch up! I'm also glad that God kept you safe during this strange situation!!!

I look forward to getting together soon so that we can talk even more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home