HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Happy New Year to everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.
For New Year's Eve, I went to my friend Massi's place and celebrated it with her and her husband, her dad, her mom, and her grandma. Her husband's brother and his brother's girlfriend and their two kids also came. We had lots of food, and they had games to play and movies going. One of the movies they had going was My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and Massi said her dad looks like the dad in that movie. So when they showed the dad, I looked at her dad and back at the dad in the movie, and sure enough he looks just like him! They are not Greek though. Her family is from Cuba. But we had a good laugh because she was saying that her dad is as bad with glue as the dad in the movie is with Windex! Her dad always says to use glue. :) We played Mexican Bingo and Jenga. We had Jenga built pretty high and had it to a point where you almost couldn't build anymore. We were pulling blocks from a layer or two down because there weren't anymore to pull from the bottom or middle, or if there were, they weren't going to budge. Her dad eventually crashed it! It was fun! I guess her dad was measuring the wood blocks. If Massi doesn't mind, I'm going to quote what she said from her blog:
..........."He was trying to take measurements of the wood blocks and make up his own way of playing. I'm like..It's Jenga...it's not a wood hobby of yours. haha... "But the wood pieces are not leveled out." ???"
Her dad speaks Spanish so I had no idea that's what he was talking about while we were playing. I just knew he was really into it and trying to figure something out. :) I had a great time with her family, and they were a lot of fun.
How was everyone's New Year? I hope well. Did anyone make any resolutions? I usually make a list of a few goals for myself for the year. I've written out a few and am still thinking about what else I would like to accomplish this year.
Blessings to all of you as you start the new year!

1 Comments:
It was great having you with us, especially at the start of the new year! My Family enjoyed you aswell. We must do another game night again, I have a new game, still looking for Pictionary.
Post a Comment
<< Home