December 07, 2006

The Holidays

The holidays are:

A time of celebration.
.....A time of reflection.
........A time of joy.
............A time for good food.
.................A time for hot chocolate, tea, coffee (flavored - mmmm).
......................A time for being with loved ones.

I love the holidays! The stores are filled with the sounds of Christmas music, bells ringing for donations, cash registers opening and closing, credit and debit cards swiping, children crying from boredom of being dragged through one more store, toys being tested by parents.

Most of us are blessed to be filled with the joy and laughter of the season, and to be surrounded by family and friends who love us. For others, the holidays are painful and sad from whatever experiences life has handed them. I think it is so easy to get caught up in all the holiday cheer that we forget those that aren't as fortunate. I know I do. I would like to change that though and try to find someone in need to give a gift to. Would you hold me accountable over the next week to make that a goal of mine?

So among all the joy and the laughter you experience this holiday season, please stop for a moment and remember there are those that are homeless, poor, or living alone. I would encourage you to not only think about them, but to take action and seek out a family or homeless person and bless them this holiday season. You will be blessed in return!

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2006 6:37 AM, Blogger Massi said...

I feel the same too. How to find someone..that will be the quest.

How are you doing??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home