October 26, 2006

Love, Valleys, Mountains

Love - what is it? What does it look like? I find this word rather difficult lately as the enemy has been attacking me. I act out in ways that aren't me and do and say things that aren't me. I'm really quite sick of the attacks and being in a "valley". I cannot wait to get to the "mountain" again. Do you know the song Mountain of God by Third Day?

This is the Chorus:
"Even though the journey's long and i know the road is hard you're the one who's gone before me you will help me carry on and after all that I've been through now i realize the truth that i must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain of God.

"Valleys are good character builders, right?????? The road is hard.......I'm glad God never gives up on us!

SO BACK TO LOVE -

1 Cor. 13: 4-7 4"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

This chapter of the Bible is SO familiar at weddings, but how many of us really hear it.....
digest it.......
live it out.......

Am I the only one who struggles with this?

I've been told I have the ability to love so deep.... sometimes I question that. Do I really? I'm really trying to digest 1 Cor. 13 and what love REALLY looks like. This one couple that I know, loves people so unconditionally and they are so accepting of others. I love the example that they are.

Another group of people I know are there for each other through EVERYTHING. They walk with each other through the good, the bad, and the ugly.....just this week actually; they have had to come beside one of the families that are struggling with some pretty ugly things. But they just love on them and walk with them.

This is the kind of love I want to live out.

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Massi said...

Sorry for not responding earlier. I feel you on this. Love is many things as it's shared in the Word. But the true translation is that God is Love himself. He is the pure reflection of what Love is. Truly. I desire to recognize it more, obtain it, reflect it, share it and be real about it.

I still think we should get together and talk or hang out. You up for it?? Have you ever been to IKEA??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home