August 10, 2006

Friends

Friends are a wonderful gift from God. As women, we need good friends to hang with, cry with, laugh with, and share our burdens with. We need friends that we can be real with, and that we can dump our junk on and know they will love us no matter what. A good friend picks us back up and leads us in truth and encourages us because they know the full potential that we have in Christ. They encourage us so we can have life to the fullest because that is what God wants for us.

Last Friday night, I had a conversation with a friend who was struggling with her circumstances and she was angry about them and feeling like there's no hope. I in turn was depressed about a circumstance of mine, and we were venting, and we were angry, and we were sad. Both of us on the same night! We did get a chuckle out of it just listening to ourselves letting it all out. But you know what? It felt good, and I was extremely thankful for our friendship, and that we could we go through that tough time with each other. Before we hung up, my friend suggested that we give each other encouraging words for the night......and we did. That is a good friend!

I recently had a conversation with another friend of mine from years ago, and she encouraged me with truth, and God spoke to me through her. I would encourage you to reach out to friends if you need them, whether they are from the past or the present, because God can use them to speak to us. The enemy wants us to believe and think that we shouldn't reach out to them. He will tell us things like, "You shouldn't talk to her. You haven't talked to her in years, and you'll just be using her because you need help." Or he tells us things like, "You haven't been close to her. She won't want to help you." These are lies from the enemy. These lies were fed to me recently. Satan knew that God would use this friend to speak the truth and the light, and he knew it would ruin his plan to continue to steal my joy and to destroy God's plan for my life. But God continued to pursue me, and pursue me, and pursue me. He wanted me to reach out to these friends and ask for help, and I'm thankful I listened. We don't have to do it on our own. He provides others to be His hands, and His feet, and His voice. He wants us to have life to the fullest. John 10:10 says, "The Thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." We have strength through Christ!

4 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, that was very well said.

 
At August 13, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Thanks, Chel! :)

 
At August 13, 2006 8:36 PM, Blogger God Is The Greatest said...

Lori that is very nice. I am glad that you shared that with me. It really made me thing that friend's can help you in a tough sitution. I wish I had a friend like that. Call me about Friday night though.

 
At August 13, 2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Lori said...

That reminds me.... I wanted to encourage people to pray for a friend like that if they don't have them. Ask God to bring friends like that into your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home