July 28, 2006

Exciting News

Well, I found out some exciting news yesterday. My sister, Sarah, is going to have twins!! I am so excited for her and Seth. We found out a couple of weeks ago she was expecting, but today she had an ultra sound because her symptoms were causing the doctor to wonder what might be going on. And sure enough, it’s twins! So then last night, I was walking around Meijers waiting for film from the one hour photo shop, and I was in the crafts section and saw cute baby stickers and baby paper, etc. and began to think of fun things to put together and create. I actually walked out without purchasing any of it…….. yet. At least it gave me some ideas to think about. Now if I had went to the baby clothes section, well, maybe I would have had willpower not to buy anything. Maybe…… I think…… Not sure……... Nope. Good thing I stayed out of that section. :)

On another note: Isn't it crazy sometimes how life takes turns you never imagined? If my life had turned out like I imagined it would years ago, or according to MY plan, I wouldn't be who I am today. God has been shaping me and molding me, and He continues to teach me new things all the time. He has used my struggles to bring me back to Him and to teach me that He can provide everything I need if I just depend on Him. HIS plan is the best plan. :) Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

When I try to make things work in my life or step outside of God's will, it only brings turmoil and stress. I seem to be learning the hard way the past few years so I am speaking from experience on this, no, quite a few experiences to be honest. God's gentle reminders continue to bring me back into His loving arms where I am loved unconditionally. The reminders He gives me come through Bible verses, Christian radio programs, books, talks with good friends, etc.

I share all of this to encourage you that God's grace is abundant.

4 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Massi said...

Congratulations Auntie to be! Do you have nephews/nieces already?? That is awesome about twins. I have triplet nephews and my sister in law, Danae just found out she is pregnant and monday goes in for checkup. She wants to have a U/S done to know how many there are. I hope and pray for one..and a girl. Them boys are a handful, they are great toddlers, but they are three! It's difficult and draining on her. I'm excited for you and for me too! It is encouraging to hear of God's work in peoples lives. He is doing lots of work with me...I am far from understanding..but I know it's to be more of his image..more of how He has desired for me to be. I've tried to do things my way...it's just pain and mysery waiting...spelling??

 
At July 28, 2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Moments Like This said...

You are an awesome sister and I love you. Grace is a good word for me right now because I need a lot of it. That and Patience. Okay...glad your getting in the blogging craze!!
Congrats on being an autie again!!
I'm glad I could help you out with that!!

 
At July 28, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Massi, I have one niece right now. She is 6-1/2 years old. She is excited that she is going to have cousins.

I hope for Danae's sake that she only has one this time. Wow! That would be a lot if she has more than one again. I am excited for you too! :)

Sarah, I love you too. I'm glad you could help me out with being an Aunt again too! :) I think I'm going to enjoy blogging. I've been reading other people's blogs that I know, and always enjoy hearing what they are doing and what is going on in their lives. So I thought I should start one too.

 
At July 29, 2006 5:54 AM, Blogger Massi said...

I take it Sarah is the one expecting the twins?? Was it natural or fertility? It seems like everyone I know is having twins. It is the generation of the multiple births. How exciting! That is why I am waiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home