End of week
We finished off VBS on Thursday and Friday night. It was fun, but we were glad the week was over because that was tiring going from work to VBS to home each day and night. I helped out again in the junior high room on Thurs. night and their discussion was about making an easy decision versus making a right decision. An example one of the students gave was about someone she knew who had gotten pregnant and this person's mom told her to have an abortion or she would make her move out of the house. The girl ended up having to move out because she said she wouldn't have an abortion. So she made the right decision. I think my jaw dropped when I heard the student telling the story because I was just appalled that the mother gave her daughter that ultimatum. I'm glad I was sitting behind the students so they couldn't see my reaction. On Friday night we followed Taylor and Emily around to their crafts, story time, and snacks and hung out with them. The Bible verse for the week was 1 Cor. 13:4-8 and they had a theme song for that verse.
On Saturday I relaxed by the pool for awhile and then hung out with my friend Nerissa and her kids. Her daughter is 1-1/2 and she is the MOST adorable thing! She loves me! :) She always sits on my lap when we eat dinner and even though she has eaten she will take a bite of my food. If I get a picture of her, I will post it sometime so you can see how adorable she is. Then I hung out with Brian and the girls at their house in the evening. Taylor had a friend over for the night so we were entertained in front of the bonfire by two silly and giggly 9 year old girls. They sang, did skits, and picked on Brian and I of course! :) He had bought a tent that day for them to sleep in so they loved that.
Today, (Sunday), I went to a family picnic and relaxed. We had burgers on the grill, delicious potato salad that my grandma makes, fruit, veggies and dip, chips, etc. For dessert we had lemon bars and some sort of chocolate caramel bars that were absolutely amazing! My mom is going to get the recipe and then I will share it with you. I don't even know what all was in them. I know oats, caramel, chocolate, and maybe some coconut, but I will have to find out what else and then share it with you. Yum! I hope you aren't reading this while you are hungry!

6 Comments:
Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. Where did you and your family go for a picnic? My Family wants to go on one Saturday. Undecided what park to go to. My Family shrinks and separates. Some have moved away, some have married and spend more time with there other family so it's boring at times for Jesus and I because we are the youngest. Grandma though wants to go on a picnic. The only thing is she liked to bring her big pots of food. Nothing is simple. Can't we just grill burgers and eat potato salad also? Hehe! We should get together for coffee sometime soon. Have you been to Beaners yet? There is one by Rivertown and one by centerpoint mall.
Hey nice post. Glad you had fun at vbs. Maybe next year I can take Ashley, and go with you guy's. I really am glad you had a fun relaxing weekend. I am sorry I had to cut out early but opening two day's in a row just really got to me.
Massi - the picnic was actually in my grandparents backyard. They had a tent set up that we ate under and they had a couple of outdoor games too.
LOL to the big pots of food! :) Simple is good.
I would love to get together for coffee soon. I have not been to Beaners, but would love to go. Let's plan something soon.
Oh yeah, Massi, I also wanted to say that you and Jesus should come with me sometime so you aren't bored and that way it would give you guys something to do. We could set up the outdoor games and have fun!
Carolyn - no problem that you had to leave. You started way early in the morning! :) Naps are good!
Hey there sis. I just wondering if you where busy this weekend. Give me a call or a beep on the cell phone. I was going to see what night you had free to see if you wanted to go school clothes shopping with Ashley, and I. So let me know what is going on. Talk to you later
Post a Comment
<< Home