Kentwood Christian Church
I haven't had much time to write this week. Brian and I have been taking Taylor (9) and Emily (6) to VBS this week at Kentwood Christian Church. We run home, grab a quick bite to eat and run off to VBS. The theme is Son of Treasure Island. They have guys dressed like pirates, and they made palm trees and put them in a bucket of sand with a shovel. Of course everything the pirates say has an "arrr" in it. At the end of the prayer it's "Armen", or they say "how arrrr you doing?", etc. The crafts the kids have made had fish on them, and they also made their own snack for snack time. They made a beach towel out of graham crackers and frosting and had candy to put on top of it, and one night they had celery with something white spread on it (it didn't look like veggie dip so I'm not sure what it was) with the colored goldfish crackers to put on top of that. Last night, Brian and I helped out in the junior high area and their snack was "sushi" which was already made for them. The lady made rice krispie treats and rolled them out thinner than usual, and then she laid gummy worms out on top of the rice krispies and rolled all of that up. After that, she took fruit roll ups and rolled them around the outside of the whole thing and then cut the rolls up into sushi size pieces. They were really cool and they tasted good too! :)
Is everyone surviving the heat this week? Wow - is all I can say!

2 Comments:
That sushi thing sounds creative. Probably use green fruit rollup to make it look like seaweed that they put in sushi? It has been incredibly hot! I am just glad that the power didn't go out while this heat was penetrating. I feel so bad for the homeless and just people that have died from it.
Massi,
She had used red fruit roll ups, but green would definitely be more fitting.
I have thought of the homeless as well and wished there was a way that I could bring them cold water and help them out.
Post a Comment
<< Home