September 21, 2006

Heritage Day

Ok - here I am again.... it's been a busy couple of weeks since I last wrote. I've missed you!



So, I wanted to show you these pictures from the Heritage Day Parade in Middleville. The parade was on Sept. 9. It was a cold day that day, and it was a little misty out, but we had so much fun! This is the float that my grandma put together to have in the parade. Actually, she had a good friend of hers put it together and drive the tractor so she could be in the parade. She came up with how she wanted the sign to read and the colors she wanted it to be. The gentleman who put everything together for her decided to use the bus seats that you see everyone sitting on. He had them bolted down on pieces of wood that extended the length of the trailer. What a comfy ride! My niece Ashley and my cousin Kendell rode with my grandma, while my Aunt Debbie and I walked behind it and threw candy. In this photo, with my aunt and I standing behind the float, Kendell is the one with the hat on, and my niece, Ashley, is the other one. I don't remember what I was laughing at. :) It really was a freezing good time!

Finkbeiner Implement is the name of the business that my grandparents owned in Middleville from 1931 - 1971. They owned it with my grandpa's brother, Emory. My grandma has been talking about having a float, with the business name on it, in the parade for the last few years, and she finally did it. Look at the smile on her face...... isn't it awesome?

For Heritage Day, they had all kinds of activities throughout the day for kids and adults. They had face painting, balloon animals, and the inflatable air equipment for kids to play on (and adults). Well, ok, maybe I was the only adult who went on one of them! There was an inflatable slide..... it looked like fun....... so I asked Kendell if he would mind if I went down with him....... he didn't mind. So I did! :) They also had concerts throughout the day, elephant ears, other food stands, and old cars on display.

Oh, before I forget...... I have to give my sister, Sarah, credit for the signs on the float because she made those for my grandma.

2 Comments:

At September 23, 2006 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, thanks for posting pictures! I love to see them! It sounds like a fun day.

 
At September 23, 2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I hope to post more pictures of different things soon. I think they add so much. I'm glad you enjoy them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home