Overwhelmed...
or I was overwhelmed. I've had so much going on over the past month. I signed up for college, and then a week later, one of my co-workers walked off the job, and I was offered her position. So I am now a legal secretary, which is exciting, but there is SO much to learn. So I was in this new position and overwhelmed, and then school started and I was even more overwhelmed, and then I heard I had to travel to Gaylord for training in our main office and I became even MORE overwhelmed!
Last Sunday I just lost it and couldn't stop crying...... I was trying to do homework and work ahead since I would be out of town, but just couldn't do it. So I cried....tried to go back to homework....cried some more....and then decided it just wasn't worth it. The part I haven't told you yet, is that the classes at Cornerstone were the 5 week accelerated classes and they were packed with weekly assignments. So I was trying to complete the first weeks assignments and then move into the next weeks work in order to get ahead, and it was absolute craziness. I would have no time for friends or family or anything. SO - I decided one of the new adventures would have to go. I need my income so the schooling had to go for now. So I withdrew from Cornerstone after one week and decided to put my mind completely on learning my new position. I withdrew at the right time because there weren't any charges yet, and I don't owe any money at all.
So I am very excited about this new learning curve, and it's all working out well.

4 Comments:
I'm sorry you had to drop out but it's good that you did it now rather than later. The time will come where you can do it and we'll all be there to support you again. I love you Lori.
Shari
Sorry I didn't read this sooner. I just emailed you too. :) First, Congratulations on the job position! I am excited for you! I'm assuming this is a good thing. Hehe! Second, on the classes, that did sound overwhelming. It is like your whole life would be on the back burner and you basically just worked and studied. In do time you'll be able to go back. God always has better plans for you. So don't stress, sounds like everything is going to go well for you. love ya girl, and check your email! :)
Lori,
God knows the condition of your heart. If He needs you to go to school, He will give you everything you need and it will be according to His time.
Lori, congrats on the new position! I hope it's going well! Don't stress about waiting on school. You have enough on your plate...and you need some time for enjoyment in the process. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home