July 24, 2007

Mackinac Island

My family and I went to Mackinac Island this past weekend. We left on Friday morning and came back on Sunday evening. We stayed in a hotel in St. Ignace. We arrived there on Friday afternoon and hung out at the pool so my niece could go swimming.

On Saturday we went over to the island and walked around for awhile and enjoyed the history of it. We enjoyed the stores too. :) We ate lunch on the island, and of course, we bought FUDGE! Yum! It was beautiful weather - almost perfect, to be exact. Then later in the day we went to the pool again and watched Ashley swim. At night we enjoyed seeing the lights on the bridge.

We took our time coming home on Sunday and drove through Traverse City to Leland and went to Fishtown where there are cute little shops and docks where you can admire all the boats parked in the slips. After that we drove through Traverse again and bought cherries. That area of Michigan is absolutely beautiful! I just love it.

I have some cute pictures to post from the weekend. I will post them in the next couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home