January 04, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Belated Birthdays

It's hard to keep up on posting events and things in general because I don't have a computer at home...........so I'm going to back up a little bit.....

A belated Happy Birthday to my niece Ashley who just turned 8! Her birthday was December 24, and this year was an EXTRA special birthday for her because her cousin Peter was born that day. She was SO excited!

A belated Happy Birthday to my soon to be brother-in-law, John! His was January 2.

And today (I'm on time with this one) is my Grandma (Lucille's) Birthday. Happy Birthday, Grandma!

So did everyone have a good Christmas? My family's Christmas was wonderful because of the birth of Peter! We had dinner at my parent's house on Christmas Eve, and we played cards while we waited in anticipation of Peter's birth. The c-section was scheduled for 8:15 and I think they ended up calling us around 9:30 or 10:00 to let us know all went well. Then on Christmas morning my dad woke us up with his usual, "Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!" at around 6:00. :) (We all sleep over on Christmas Eve.) My dad is the first one up. We love it! So we get up early and open gifts, and then my dad makes us bacon, eggs, and toast for breakfast. Yum! My mom makes Monkey Bread on Christmas Eve, and we have that in the morning as well. Also, Yum! :)

This year, Christmas day included a trip to the hospital to visit Seth, Sarah, and Peter. It was so special! Then we went and celebrated in the evening with my mom's side of the family. We played a fun card game and had lots of food (of course!).

I spent New Year's Eve with friends. We just visited with each other and ate! :) On New Year's Day my family celebrated Christmas with my dad's side of the family. We had to postpone the original date due to illnesses. We had a great time on New Year's Day.

We are now into 2008. I need to go and set my goals for the year now. Hmmm....I wonder what this year will bring. I am so excited for the new year and to see what God has in store.......

Happy New Year!!

2 Comments:

At January 05, 2008 9:32 AM, Blogger God Is The Greatest said...

I am so excited to see what God has in store for all of us. I will be so excited to see what your goals are. I am hoping to set some goals for myself.

 
At January 06, 2008 6:12 AM, Blogger me said...

Lori,
Happy New Year and congratulations on the birth of your new little nephew.
What a gift for Christmas! See you this Wednesday at Rhondas!
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home